Friday, September 2, 2011

7th semester, etc.

College has started and it's oh-so-bittersweet. I'm taking about 18 credits too many, and auditing a class. But look, I only have one semester left after this and I just can't let college pass me by. In order to complete my 37 various major, minors, and certificates, I'm taking the following:

History:
United States Colonial

Literature:
Junior Seminar
Fantasy and Romance
American Literature to 1860
Childhood's Books (auditing)

Anthropology: 
Transnational Families
Forensic Anthropology

Things I'll be reading include stuff like Roald Dahl's The Witches, Various Harry Potters, Lord of the Rings, David Shield's Reality Hunger: A ManifestoMoby Dick, and things by various other poets, authors, and idiots.

In other news, I have read almost nothing since my Little House on the Prairie jaunt. It's just: Things have been so busy between putting together our mess of an apartment, going to class, and stealing a desk off the street. And, I am probably the worst English major ever because after reading all day and all night, I don't feel like reading "for pleasure"; I'd rather play Rock Band or go to Hofbrauhaus with the roommates. Judge me all ye readers, article-writers, and English majors, I do not care.

There's also the looming graduate school question. I'm taking the GRE in September (good goo it is September) but besides that I don't know what the next step is. Maybe study children's lit or get my master's in education? Maybe fart around for a year? Yeah, no rush or anything though. It's just my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment